The 1977 Panasonic Sport Deluxe
Photo credit: Tom Fritts
1977 Panasonic Sport Deluxe Factory Specifications with added details when obvious. Approximately 58 cm seat tube as pictured above.
- List Price: Unknown [Price paid for new bike in 1978, $170]
- Frame: High Tensile 1020 Butted Tubing and chrome fork crown
- Fork: High Tensile 1020 with chrome tips.
- Stem: SR Alloy
- Handlebar: Sakae Randnner Road Champion [Randonneur style]
- Saddle: Panasonic Black Vinyl Leatherette
- Crankset: 40/52T forged alloy cotterless [Tourney w/170 cranks]
- Freewheel: Freewheel 14-28
- Chain: 1/2 x 3/32 x 114 links
- Hubs: Shimano 8A; 36 spoke high flange; quick release.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 600
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 500 Uniglide
- Shifting Lever: Unishift Stem-mounted
- Brakes: Diacompe Alloy, center pull w/ hooded levers, safety levers, and quick release levers.
- Rims: Araya 27x 1 1/4 – 1 3/8 steel;
- Tires: originally with 27 x 1 1/4 Panasonic tires; currently Continental Sport 1000 27 x 1 1/4?
- Spokes: 14 G UCP finished w/ reflectors
- Pedals: KKT RT – SF w/reflectors
- Color: Red
- Weight: 31 pounds