While 1986 wasn’t the first year for the DX-3000, it was in my opinion one if not the most desirable year. The black and yellow color scheme was new for ’86 and it really made the bike stand out. The components were by no means high end but they were certainly respectable for a sport rider.
The nice looking specimen below was shared with us by Jeff. Jeff found this bike in need of some care and restoration and the end result is what you see below. Fantastic job!
1986 Panasonic DX-3000 Factory Specifications
- List Price: N/A
- Frame: Tange 900 Cr-Mo double butted tubes, forged ends and sealed bottom bracket set.
- Fork: Tange Mangaloy, AC-2 crown, forged ends and sealed head set.
- Handlebar: SR CTB, Maes Alloy
- Stem: SR CT Alloy
- Saddle: Selle Italia 0419-V Aero with SR CT-P5E micro adjusting seat post.
- Crankset: SR SXC-200, Alloy 52/42T
- Freewheel: Shimano Z012 6-speed 14-28T
- Chain: Shimano UG silver, 1/2?x3/32?x110 links
- Hubs: Sansin ET-Q Sealed mechanism, Alloy small flange with Q.R.
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano L525SS S.I.S.
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Z206
- Shifting Lever: Shimano S424 S.I.S., brazed on down tube mounted.
- Brakes: Shimano Z570, side pull with Q.R., tire guide and 600AX levers.
- Rims: Ukai 20A, 700c, alloy
- Tires: Panaracer 700×25c Open Side 100PSI
- Spokes: 14G U-C-P finished
- Pedals: KKT Pro-Vic II B with reflectors
- Color: Midnight Black